Saturday, July 17, 2010

Here I am.

I normally blog at work. Which is to say where I get my best ideas about everything. Things like plots, characters, why office plants have a sad life and ways for them to get attention and of course blogging.

However, "the man" Websensed all the the computers and I can't do things like blogging anymore. Which is highly depressing since I enjoy it so. Nevertheless, that is why I don't blog regularly.

I know what you're thinking, "You could always blog at home.." if you thought that than you are wrong...dead wrong.

The second I walk through that front door my brain runs and hides. I am dishes. I am cleaning. I am juice cups. I am laundry. I am eating my feelings. I am certainly not blogging material.

BUT I do not come with all bad news. This September I will be attending...wait for it....wait for it.......MY VERY FIRST WRITERS CONFERENCE!

Stoked.

Since I have decided to do so I have also decided to step it up a notch and finish a damn novel already. This deadline is great for me.
I'm drinking more coffee. I'm thinking sub-plots,secondary characters, concrete and abstract goals, researched different types of trees and psychological disorders...and I'm writing my butt off. 1,200 words a day!
Except for today...I have a giant laundry pile the size of a Buick snarling at me.

Just a little update in my slice of paradise. I'm going to be reading blogs tonight! If you guys no of any great posts on "writing for a deadline" or "How to not kill yourself while meeting said deadline" .. let me know!

Toodles Friends! Hope all is going great for you!

6 comments:

  1. I loved the voice in this post, and I hope you will FINISH your novel! What I did for my last novel is join the write-a-novel-in-a-month groups, then spend the next 6 months revising & getting ready to do the next one. Also, I wake up early or stay up late sometimes, just to get quiet time for creativity. Don't know if either of these ideas will work for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have never written a novel, but i hear you about losing the writing mojo when I get home. I get my best ideas at work or when walking the dog, and I pretty much compose my entire blog entry in my head. Then I "hold onto it" under after dinner and other projects, and before I got to bed, try to get it into the computer before it's gone forever. I'm sure you'll love your writers conference. Which one is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, have fun at the conference! And 1200 words a day? Bad ASS! I'm impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen G- Thanks for the Luck!

    Mike-Wrangling with Writing in AZ. I have never been but I am super excited. And the deadline had finally put a fire on my ass. haha

    Meika- Hey chicky! Thanks! Im trying! Even if it sucks I figure ill just push through. I lost track on the hole outline business.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try downloading Firefox or Chrome... that sometimes works on getting around the IT guys. Not that I know anything about that *whistles innocently.*

    1200 words a day is awesome! Yes, finish that draft!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go go go! You'll totally finish that MS - it's all about momentum, baby!!

    ReplyDelete