Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy Friday!


So goes another day! I want to thank all of those of you who commented on my last post. I was really struggling with that issue. Like a former meth-head with a line in front of them.


I really really wanted to write that idea so bad that I was going to do it and not tell you guys..


I know I'm a dirty rotten liar and not a very good friend...


But I prevailed over my blackened heart and decided to do as most of you said.

Jot down the idea, save it for later and freakin' finish something already.

So I will. Ill finish my other WiPs...stupid old and boring WIPs.



I opened the 3rd and most recent failure today on Word and I just started at it my eyes two narrow slits of hatred. I think I may have growled. Is it healthy to passionately hate your work?


Maybe I'm just bored with the WIP altogether. Maybe instead of the love story in there I could have my MC kick the crap out of the love interest. You know what I think? Love interests are way over rated. What I want out of a book is a female protagonist who is a man hater. She walks around town with a syringe full of liquefied rat poison and just randomly sticks unsuspecting men.

The victimised man will turn, confused and a little scared as he absently rubs his arm. He decides that there must have been a bee in his shirt. Meandering home with a nauseous belly, he puts the strange incident behind him. He gets through the door kicks off his rancid mold filled boots, scratches his crotch then silently passes into his death.


Yup, sounds good.






HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND FRIENDS!! I will miss you when I'm gone doing laundry!


12 comments:

  1. Are you sure you're writing what YOU want to write? Or are you writing what Aunt Aggie is telling you to write? (sorry, that's a reference to Jayne's post today over at Novice Novelist) Think about it while you're doing laundry. I mean who wants to spend zillions of hours on something they hate? Well, except for a job that pays of course. But that's not writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Death after a crotch scratch. Classic.

    I wasn't here to weigh in the other day, but I say write what makes you happy, even if you only use it for a writing exercise. If you can get it out of your system (the scene or story outline that's niggling you) then you can move on to what you feel you need to finish right now.

    Good luck, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! That would actually make a good murder mystery antogonist. I, too, particularly liked the death crotch scratch.
    Also, i, too, spent time working on a WIP i was bored with. I never hated it, but i was just done working on it and didn't know it. So i spent years just not progressing on any writing at all. Finally, i gave myself permission to start something new with Nano - i finished a brand new novel and got my writing feet back under me.
    So if you were me, i'd give myself until nano to try and finush the current WIP, and if you don't, then start something new.
    But that's me, you do what's best for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typical...dying right after scratching at his junk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Karen G raises a great question. You asked if it's healthy to hate your current project. I go through little bumps where I hate mine & usually those bumps point to a wrong turn somewhere. When I hate my plot, I'm definitely on the wrong track.

    I did nanowrimo once & it made me write the worst novel ever. I hated it. I had written myself into a corner. As it turns out, I'm much more character-driven than plot driven, so I have to write & polish one scene at a time. Just thought I'd share my experience in case you're going through something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "What I want out of a book is a female protagonist who is a man hater. She walks around town with a syringe full of liquefied rat poison and just randomly sticks unsuspecting men."

    LOOOOOOL

    where have you been all my life???

    also: don't let these WIPs get you down! honestly, you're much better off having too many ideas than none at all. and with a VOICE like yours- you're going to kick butt no matter what. i'll be first in line to buy your book. no wait. strike that. I WANT A SIGNED COPY.

    yes ma'am.

    <3 you bestie! miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that idea! A murdering madwoman who kills random strangers just because they're men! Brilliant:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, that just summed up my writing state of mind. Cuz I'm ALWAYS tortured by the current MS, and hate it pretty much daily. In fact, I've never been one of those people who say I write because I love it or because it's fun. I write because I have no freakin' choice - I'm compelled. And sometimes, yanno, it sucks. Luckily, I'm a horror writer. So when that happens, I just write the dark stuff and...okay, I don't actually feel better, but I have more word count. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I missed this post! I love the scratching the crotch bit before he dies. So typical, eh?

    Hope you week is going well... rat poison or not!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen: I have thought about this. And still I'm not sure...I need therapy!

    Jackee: I've been toying with this idea. Shhh, don't tell anyone. :)

    Falen: I'm still truckin' away at my current wip. But I marinating on wheater or not to try someting new.

    Lisa and Laura: lol heck yeah!

    Kirsten: I like that you write and polish one scene at a time. Thats a great idea. I think I'll try it.

    Tahereh: You got it babe!!

    Alexandra: HAHA glad you like it. It has a certain alure to it, no?

    Zoe: so glad your here. Your comment reminds me of well, me. Thank god I'm not alone.

    Talli: Hope your week is rockin' also!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I feel like that about a project, I just put it aside and work on something else. I can never write good, or even salvageable, pages that way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know, that last idea doesn't sound half bad. If only it were real... I mean, it's so good that it's not real! Yeah, that's what I meant. ;o)

    ReplyDelete